Article updated by Molly on September 28th, 2022 / Added all four 33-inch sinks to the comparison table and updated pricing for each product (updated automatically). Also made minor edits to article copy and formatting adjustments.
A large farmhouse sink is an excellent investment for your kitchen, offering you space, saving you time, and making cleanup a lot easier.
Sometimes called an apron sink, they improve your kitchen's aesthetics and can handle large loads of dishes, pots, and pans all at the same time. The good ones are durable and will last through many years of hard work.
In this article, we'll take a look at the best 33-inch farmhouse sinks, which is one of the more popular sizes.
The 33-inch measurement refers to length, left to right when facing the sink.
Here's a comparison table that lets you look at pricing and basic specs for all four sinks.
Best 33-Inch Farmhouse Sinks
Ruvati 33-inch Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink RVH9733BL
KRAUS 33-inch Standart PRO Farmhouse Sink
Sinkology Adams Farmhouse Apron Front Handmade Copper Kitchen
ALWEN 33 inch Farmhouse Workstation Kitchen Sink
What to look for in a farmhouse sink
There are several features to consider before deciding on the best farmhouse sink for your situation. In addition to the 33-inch length, here are some additional features to consider.
What is the best material for a farmhouse sink?
The answer will depend on where it's situated, your budget, and your personal preference. They come in a range of designs and materials.
Here are the types of materials that are most common in farmhouse sinks:
- Stainless steel: This is a popular choice. They look good, are easy to clean, and are durable. They do not rust and are affordable. These sinks do not chip when used as some of the other options available. This is often the best option for heavy-duty use.
- Read more: Best stainless steel farmhouse sink
- Copper: Copper sinks are relatively expensive but look amazing and last for many years. The patina will change over time, but they are easy to clean and highly durable. Another benefit is that copper has natural antibacterial and antimicrobial benefits which improve hygiene.
- Concrete: These tend to be more affordable. While tough and durable, they may not be the look you're wanting for your space. That being said, there are many that do look great and will blend in well in any environment.
- Fireclay: These are a bit more stylish and are available in a range of color options and styles. They are durable and do not stain, scratch, or chip easily. They do tend to be a bit more expensive than some of the alternatives, but the look and durability will make them a good investment.
- Stone:– Natural stone sinks are resistant to heat and have excellent durability. They also look amazing in most environments. A decent stone farmhouse sink usually isn't cheap, but they will last a long time and still look exceptional.
- Cast iron: While these sinks tend to be heavy, they are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Installation might take a bit of effort given their weight.
- Other options: Additional materials include bamboo, composite granite, and other materials. Much will depend on your needs and taste as well as the style of the area. Each has advantages and disadvantages.
You do not want to invest in a sink that won't last. Sinks need to handle a lot of abuse, dings, and running water on a daily basis. One of the main attractions of a farmhouse sink is that they are tough and durable.
At the same time they need to look good. Fortunately, there are many options that offer both style and durability.
The quality sinks we review should last you a lot of years. This means that even if you spend a bit of extra money on a better sink, it will last for a long time. Either way, your budget is a major consideration when deciding which sink you get. Most of the sinks we review are in the $300 to $900 price range.
Yes, size is important. The main point of a farmhouse sink is that they have the capacity and durability to handle extreme washing needs. The size, however, needs to fit your environment.
This is one of the reasons that a 33-inch sink is an ideal solution for so many people.
Ease of Installation
If you are planning a DIY project, ease of installation is an important consideration. Some materials or designs are easier to manage while some can are more of a challenge. The weight is an important factor when determining how easy it will be to install a farmhouse sink. Also keep in mind that most farmhouse sinks are under-mount, which means they'll require some structure to support the weight of the sink under the surrounding cabinets.
Reviews of the 4 Best 33-in Farmhouse Sinks
Here we take a look at some of the leading 33-inch farmhouse sinks available right now.
1. Ruvati 33-inch Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink (RVH9733BL)
Ruvati is a popular American brand of sinks and related kitchen and bathroom fixtures. They offer an excellent balance of quality, style, and durability at a decent price point. Their designs are elegant and attractive while still being practical and strong.
Their Gunmetal Black Matte Stainless Steel is a highly rated option that sells well and gets largely positive reviews.
It has a sandblasted black PVD finish. This not only looks spectacular but has good durability and is easy to clean. It works well in modern as well as more traditional kitchen designs.
It's built from 16 GAUGE T-304 grade stainless steel. Rust and tarnishing should not be a concern. It's also resistant to fingerprints which is an issue with some sinks.
Ruvati puts in a type of rubber padding which helps to reduce noise and make the sink more soundproof.
Live Pricing (updated in Real time)
2. Kraus KHF410 33-Inch Standart PRO Stainless Steel Sink
Krause is another leading brand and has a reputation for quality, stylish, and practical kitchen and bathroom supplies. They are also US-based but sell globally. Most of their lines are decently affordable.
This particular 33-inch farmhouse sink is a flat apron-front stainless steel model with a removable drain cap, bottom grid, and a cutout template. It comes with mounting hardware and looks great once installed.
It's durable, easy to keep clean, and will not rust. It does not dent or chip as it is made from TRU16 real 16-gauge T304 stainless steel, an extremely strong and high-grade of steel.
Installation is relatively easy. The offset drain not only gives you more workspace but also looks great.
Live Pricing (updated in real time)
3. Sinkology Adams Farmhouse Apron Front 33-inch Copper Sink
For those wanting a slightly different look that is still functional and durable, copper is a great material option. Sinkology offers the 33-inch Adams farmhouse sink in the copper material. Copper is a durable and practical option with that gives you some flexibility if your decor is less modern.
Read more: Best copper farmhouse sinks
Copper farmhouse sinks look amazing and last for a long time. We'd recommend being intentional about keeping it dry to help avoid that greenish tarnish that some of them get. Though it's also worth noting, Sinkology states plainly that this sink will not turn green.
Reviewers tend to corroborate this claim.
Moreover, Sinkology uses a very high-grade copper that isn't as susceptible to tarnishing and other issues.
So you have plenty of capacity, the ability to stave off the green stuff, and beautiful aesthetics. After all that, it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Live Pricing (updated in real time)
4. ALWEN 33-inch Farmhouse Sink in Gunmetal Black
Once again, this is a top-selling sink that receives tons of positive feedback from happy customers. The amazing thing about this 33 inch sink is that it makes use of Nano technology. This is basically a coating that protects the material as well as defends against bacteria.
It has a dense structure that is easy to keep clean and improves the hardness and durability of the farmhouse sink. It has no pores meaning that it does not absorb harmful bacteria or other substances and is therefore easy to keep clean.
It is a single bowl sink with a sleek gunmetal black finish. Most agree that it looks great.
The sink comes with a cutting board, strainer, basket, and bottom grid. A drying rack is also included.
Live Pricing (updated in real time)
There is little doubt that a farmhouse sink is a good investment.
With 33 inches being the most popular width, we have given you 4 of the best 33-in farmhouse sinks to help get you started. Consider your style, your needs, and your budget to find the one that works best for your situation.
You can’t go wrong with any of these recommendations.